Karine Arshakyan was born in Armenia and emigrated to the US in 2001. Soon after, she earned a degree in child psychology and art. Her 4 daughters were her first full-time students, and have all become successful artists/musicians.
To learn more about Karine’s daughters, Click below:
Lucine- Visual Artist and Designer, Vocalist and Violinist, Historian
Tatev- Jazz and Classical, Vocal, Piano, Composer, Music Instructor
Sona Yeghiazaryan- Active Visual Artist and Designer, Frequent Exhibitions, Full-Time Art Teacher, Jersey City
- Pre-K-3 Modified Alternate Route Program.
- Montclair State University, Upper Montclair, N.J
- B. A. of Porcelain and Faience artist
- B.A. Early Childhood Education
- Armenian State Pedagogical University- Child Psychology and Pedagogy
- Certificate of Teacher of Students with Disabilities 2010
- Art Teacher Certificate with Advanced Standing 2009
- Certificate of participation in SIDS workshop 2007
- Pre-K-3 Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing. N. J. Aug. 2006
- CPR & EMS training 2008
- Certification of completion, Behavioral Assistance Training Program Jan. 2005
Case Manager Dec. 2008-2012, New Bridge Services Inc.
Art and Art history teacher, creativity facilitator Sept. 2007-2012
“All Bright Center”, “ Wizard of the Mind “, “WondeRay Academy” NJ
• Designed lessons that develop student’s analytical thinking and creative
Art-Smart Program Teacher Sept. 2007-present
Child Development Center “Rollie Pollie” Palisade P ark N.J.
• Used individual approach to help the students overcome anger and
tension in order to build children’s self-esteem and sense of self awareness,
stimulate personal growth
• Help children to transform negative emotions into creative energy and explore inner experience through art facilitation
Psychotherapist, Children’s group session at S.O.S. West Milford, N.J. Feb. 2004-May 2006
• Coordinated sessions trough creative use of fine art and music.
• Provided home and center-based individual art therapy for difficult children
• Participated in parent’s counseling program at shelter
Managed a recreational program at a summer camp for children of perished soldiers
of a war between Armenia and Azerbaijan. (1990-1998) 1995-1997
Camp “Martik”, Armenia, Armavir
• Hired and trained new staff when necessary
• Organized puppet shows and made the language learning process fun
You must be logged in to post a comment.